Make It Happen | January GoalsThursday, January 10, 2013
- Make progress on my website. The above sneak peek is of my website that has been in the works for an entire year. That's
a little bitseriously ridiculous. What you see above has changed a little bit but let me tell you - it's beautiful and I can't wait for the entire thing to be live. This month I have revisited this project and I want to make serious headway, that way I only have coding to worry about - which I will be hiring out. I'm hoping to share a launch date very soon!
- Go to bed at a decent hour. For as long as I can remember I have been a night owl. I love being up late. Super late. And I get my best work done in the wee hours of the night. The trouble with that is, the majority of the world works during the day, so I'm trying to get more on that schedule. So far I have been able to get myself into bed around 11 or so. The problem is that I am not falling asleep until usually around 2 AM. I guess at least I am resting, but my mind is still going 100 miles a minute so I still have some work to go on that.
- Set myself up for success. Again, for as long as I can remember, the majority of troubles I go through are self-imposed. I run late for everything because I'm not prepared and I'm terrible with time management. This month I am focusing on setting my clothes out the night before and making sure I have enough packaging supplies for my orders that need to go out. Those two things eat up a lot of time and it's something I could avoid if only I would prepare.
- Drink enough water. I usually do pretty well on this one but I want to make sure that I am getting enough water each day. The benefits are endless and because I don't do the best eating at decent hours or making sure I get the proper nutrients, this is something that I can easily conquer.
- Make my bed every morning. I've read numerous times that one small thing you can do to be happier is make your bed. I guess because it makes you feel organized and put together but regardless, so far it's been working and I've been doing pretty well with this. I don't put all of my throw pillows up each morning but I do pull my covers up neatly and make sure it looks nice. When I come into the room it just instantly feels more tidy (even thought there are piles of laundry that need to be put away). I'm hoping to turn this into a habit, but only time will tell!