101 in 1001 | Day Zero UpdatesThursday, January 19, 2012
So in an effort to live a productive and intentional life, I am going to choose goals each month that I want to achieve or things I want to work on. Narrowing down my selection, and focusing on a few (very specific) goals, is a sure way for me to get down to business and mark those suckers off.
- Finish reading Pride & Prejudice.
- Stop watching so much reality TV.
- Move out of my parents house.
- Finish Avery's baby blanket.
- Start tithing 10% at church.
- Buy a new car.
- Take care of my dot com issues for La Bella Vita Designs.
- Open my etsy shop for La Bella Vita Designs.
- Create 5 Christmas cards for La Bella Vita Designs.
- Make 2 friends from the blogging world.
- Lose 40 lbs.
- Go through my computer and get rid of unnecessary files.
- Organize my desktop.
- Make photo books from 2007-Present.
- Go back to Haiti.
- Start a savings account.
- Donate blood.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
- Go camping.
- Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind".
- Get a massage.
- Go on a road trip.
- Play in the rain.
- No fast food for 2 months.
- Identify 100 things that makes me happy.
- Go on a picnic.
- Buy a lottery ticket.
- Go on a cruise.
- Influence someone to make a day zero list.
- Go ice skating.
- Finish writing my book.
- Record a Christmas CD to raise money for Haiti.
- Make a birthday cake for someone.
- Send someone a card just because.
- Host a dinner party.
- Not log into Facebook for a whole week.
- Sing karaoke at a bar.
- Visit Jenny & Matt in Japan.
- Visit Drew & Erin in Indiana.
- Visit Haley & Brock in Florida.
- Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011.
- Refresh my brain on the Italian I learned in college.
- Fall in love.
- Buy a pair of navy and gray converse.
- Start doing a bible study.
- Crochet a scarf.
- Help raise money for Ovarian cancer.
- Pay off my credit card debt.
- Put bows in Bella's hair.
- Make Lindsay's dental hygiene calling cards.
- Make a photo/journal book of my trips to Haiti.
- Celebrate NYE in another country.
- Buy new running shoes.
- Start running again.
- Go to a Browns Game.
- Go watch the Buckeyes.
- Buy a "Script Ohio" T-Shirt.
- Go watch my sister Katie perform at halftime.
- Finish getting my winter clothes out and in the closet.
- Become an egg donor.
- Get a job.
- Get a pedicure.
- Make something for my dad using our Halloween pictures from when I was a kid.
- Get my teeth whitened.
- Go to the dentist.
- Go on a date.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Eat at The Melting Pot.
- Share the love of Jesus with someone.
- Repaint my mirror.
- Make upholstered headboard.
- Figure out what I'm going to be for Halloween.
- Start giving Paul $100 a month.
- Get ring fixed that grandma gave me.
- Start paying myself 5% of my paycheck each time for savings.
- Start paying myself 5% of my paycheck each time for a house.
- Make a pillow out of the yo-yo's Grandma Shirley made.
- Do a 7 day detox.
- Work on my graphic design portfolio.
- Print business cards for La Bella Vita Designs.
- Make a round light out of coffee filters.
Then I got a little more specific and seperated my goals into categories! Here is how my 101 in 1001 list looks today, categorized and incomplete:
33 - Lose 40 lbs.
40 - Make a calendar for the Creekmur Christmas.
97 - Hire an intern for PCC.
98 - Design 5 stationery sets.
99 - Design 2 wedding invitation sets for PCC.
100 - Have a PCC product shoot.
Now, I don't expect you to have read all of those tasks, but did you notice that I don't even technically have 101 - I don't think anyway. My numbers are messed up and the list ends at 105, but there are gaps along the way! Regardless, I am going to select a few goals each month to focus on. I want to be successful, productive, and live an intentional life. I say this a lot, a lot (so get used to it) - I have big, big dreams and although I want to enjoy the benefits of hard work in the future, I want to focus on doing the hard work now. Joy costs pain and I know the best is yet to come.
Hopefully, I'll be back later today with my goals to focus on the rest of January! :)